After five years it appeared necessary to modernize the vifanord platform: together with moving the server unit, vifanord presents itself in new functionality.
THIS IS NEW:
• Rapid new metasearch
using the software Pazpar2
• Easier features of navigating
• New or updated data sources, e.g. more Swedish databases
• Improved availability check
to German library holdings
• Online resources now include data from vifanord Special Subject Catalogue and WAO database
• If possible, image of book cover and Google book previews
• The search history can now be saved in your browser without registration
• Geographic search
• Subscription to search entries
These features are still work in progress. Together with smaller enhancements towards layout and bugfixing, they will soon be restored during the next couple of weeks.
• Missing something from the former features (e. g.: subsequent drilldown to keywords, personal registration)
• Anything else lacking?
• What could still be improved?